C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
KE Cleveland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Sep 2008 23:34:47 -0400
Laura's mom and dad are coming over to take care of the kids, though they
may all go to a hotel.  Power is not expected back on in Columbus until
Sunday.  There goes all of our Sheraton points (LOL!).  Mags, I would call
the Red Cross and see what they say.  If they won't take the, try the
Salvation Army.  There are other charities that would probably take them.
If I wasn't so darn tired I could probably rattle off a half dozen, but I am
just about shot.  You ever get too tired to sleep?  That's where I am right
now.  I lie down and my mind races.  Been trying to nap, but it's just not
working.  I shouldn't complain--lots of folks have been on their feet
non-stop from the wee hours to the wee hours.

Again, if you know anyone who has cash to spare, ask them to send it to the
Red Cross or Salvation Army.  They have the infrastructure to turn cash into
help pretty quickly.  They're pretty much out of money right now.  I don't
really like their administrative cost to service ratio, but their people are
well trained.  Salvation Army has better efficiencies, but their focus is
primarily feeding folks.  They're not big into shelter management.

We just got in some waterless body scrub (same thing the astronauts used
before they figured out how to contain water in space), so I'm going to give
it a go.  What I wouldn't give for a HOT shower <sigh>.  Oh, almost forgot.
I broke my AFO today.  One of the nurses repaired it with this resin stuff
that they make casts out of.  Worked so well I might not even get it
replaced when I get home.  I am surrounded by geniuses and heroes!

G'nite!

Kyle

Sent from Kyle Cleveland's Palm IIIc