C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Trisha Cummings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Jan 2005 11:28:14 -0500
Hi Ken,

  Do you mean beyond our normal immgration stuff? Because when I came here I was issued an Alien registration card - called the green card - even tho its really pink - just to start the beauracy - on day one I guess. That card has to be updated every I forget how many years, now. Frankly I can tell you from working at Meridian Moving and Storage - the hispanic people forge each others cards - so I am not sure what kind of validation could done to make sure everyone is really legal - if employer don't care - then who else is going to see the card.

  I have been offline for several months - on 10/24 My cousin died in Iraq. I am can not express the anger and grief - I am trying to deal with. Dennis left behind - three kids, He was in the National Guard Unit - his tour was extended becasue he was very valuable - Here in DC - we have Walter Reed - just filled with injured, and of course many front page stories - that tear your heart out. And no end to the madness in sight. Anyone with children, must be as afriad as I am of a draft. Yes, I know Amber is safe but Alexandra isn't - and I looked upon the faces of the fallen - the Washington Post as a list - so many of then are so damn young and so many young ladies. How do we stop this? My heart is breaking.

                                 Trisha