C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Elizabeth H Thiers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Feb 2010 15:52:51 -0500
Hi Peter,
Too much time in therapy is why I usually tell parents to invest in
hippohtherapy (therapy on horseback), or aquatherapy swimming.  Basically
get into an exercise program that is fun and exciting for the child.  When
we had cp camp we put kids in all sorts of assistive technology and then
gave them skates, skate boards, bicycling, etc.  Move it or lose it but,
don't over do it and leave lots of time for socializing and having fun.

Beth t the ot