C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kimberlee Ames <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Sep 2002 20:40:11 EDT
My son has all the reflexes present, and he did not always have the movement
pattern that he has now.  I also do not see the movements that my son has in
spastic children, so maybe we are not talking about the same type of
movements, or perhaps many spastic CPers have an overlay of dystonia.  I'd
like to know the difference, because we've had many doctors label him as a
spastic quad, along with a reference to "diskinesis" (sp?).  Do all spastic
CPers have the fluctuating tone?

Kimberlee, mom to Stefan (4, CP) and Alex (9)