C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 20 Feb 2000 09:39:33 EST
I found myself in tears seeing the Reeve commercial.  Thinking about why, I
realized it was in part because we all know how much he wants to walk again,
and that it seems to be his primary dream, and we all get emotional when
someone's dreams seem to come true.  We want people to get what they hope
for, especially after severe trauma and pain.

But I realized, too, my tears were for others, as well.  Not only those who
wish they, too, could walk (again or for the first time) but for those who
realize that there are more things in life than walking, and who face
challenges every day that go beyond the wheels they're sitting on.

And ultimately, I think, as a Christian, my tears were for the hope that the
commercial represents that is spoken about in the Bible, when all the pain
and plain crap of this life will be over and we will find the fulfillment of
all we dream of being with the One who gave us the dream to begin with.

Paul V. Waiting for the Rapture...flying up in the air to meet JESUS...talk
about "Up, Up and AWAAAAY!!"  Grin.