C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ken barber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Jun 2005 20:40:27 -0700
 there are board certified neurologist that do not
understand cp. it takes an act of congress sometimes
to get a routine condition diagnosed becouse these
jerks are just satisfied to say that any pain you have
is coused by cp. it took me going to 3 doctors to get
a condition diagnosed that could be diagnosed with one
xray.

--- [log in to unmask] wrote:

> Daylight Time,
> [log in to unmask] writes:
>

> > It seems
> > several people  here understand about the looking
> down but in tons of
> > therapy and discussing falling when running no one
> ever mentioned this.
> > Strange!
>
> Therapists and other medical types don't understand
> CP!  Don't rely on them.
>
> Also, do look into Feldenkrais as someone else
> mentioned (isn't the eye thing
> Feldenkrais idea?)
>
> Biofeedback is good too.
>
> I  disagree on the idea of him already knowing what
> he can't do.  How will he
> ever
> know if he doesn't try?  It's easy to make excuses
> (I do it too)

Yahoo! Sports
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com