C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Betty Alfred <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 2000 17:41:08 EST
Thanks Kyle!  Yeah, I guess I had a pretty good pop.  Oh wait, you're in
Ohio...you probably think I'm talking about Dr. Pepper.

He was a human so I'm sure he made his share of parenting mistakes, but I
feel like I was lucky.  Of course, he's been dead for a long time; I'm sure I
tend to put him on a taller and taller pedestal with each passing year.  He
does seem to enjoy a good posthumous reputation among those who remember him
though.

I'm sure I'm being more vocal about him right now since this cancer thing has
come up with my Mother.

I didn't know my grandparents.  My Dad was the youngest of five boys and 55
years of age when I was born.  They were long gone before I arrived.  I
didn't know about the dynamics of that family until my Aunt told me my
Grandfather had a predilection for inflicting abuse upon his children.  He
was also an architect in Alexandria.  I have him to thank for all these
damned steps.

What a poop head.

In a message dated 02/24/2000 9:42:32 AM Eastern Standard Time,