C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Richard Hudson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Sep 1999 00:09:41 EDT
IS there a cheap alternative to speech synethisers besides the ideas that I
came up with
n a message dated 09/05/1999 11:19:04 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<<  I have a speech impairment too. It's very hard for people to understand
 me even at times when I talk clearly, especially on the phone. I get
 frustrated when I have to repeat things several times. I've had people hang
 up on me when I was trying to get out what I wanted to say which is very
 rude. I especially hate talking to people who can't speak or understand
 english because I don't understand them and they don't understand me. I've
 been called retard too and it hurts. People just assume I'm retarded because
 I walk funny and I have a speech impairment. I wish I could give up being
 able to walk for being able to talk more clearly.

If you cant afford a communication device there are  free computer programs
wherre you type something in and the computer says it back to you nad there
are things at
Radio shack that are like that too.
Richard Hudson