C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Fri, 16 Feb 2007 14:54:25 -0700
In addition to UCEDD's and P&A's, there are also Governor;s Planning
Councils on Developmental Disabilities which can actually do a lot of
advocacy work.  I work for a UCEDD, and in our state, lobbying is verboten
for entities that receive state funds, so we do a lot of "educating" of our
elected officials instead.

UCEDD'snational website (to find one in your state or territory) is:
www.aucd.org  On the left under network resources, look for UCEDD's and just
to the right of that, click Directory.

Protection and Advocacy's is: http://www.ndrn.org/ Look on the right side of
the main page for a drop down menu to find your States P&A.

Developmental Disabilities Councils: http://www.nacdd.org/  Look for the
Councils link on the left of the main page.

--

Kendall

depends on the unreasonable man.

-George Bernard Shaw 1856-1950