C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Carla Rockwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Apr 2013 10:23:35 -0300
A question for you - your honest assessments are important/meaningful to the framework of one of my current life lessons essays, so let me have it! No holds barred.

How many of you had conversations with your parents or siblings, or other relatives about what YOUR life with disability meant to/for them. How did you feel about YOU while growing up with siblings and friends, fully aware that you were and are 'differently able' (to be politically correct! :)

If your parents are still living, how many of you have had conversations with them about how you are 'really' doing as you age with cerebral palsy?

Looking forward to hearing from more than just 2 of you. So get busy! :)

Best!

Carla
http://users.xplornet.com/~terrier
There is a destiny that makes us brothers; None goes his way alone; All that we send into the lives of others Comes back into our own [Edwin Markham]