C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"K. Salkin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Jun 2001 14:09:10 -0400
LOL... you've brought up a point that can set me on simmering...

OK, what's normal?  Being able-bodied?  Pleez, give me a break.  Timothy
McVeigh is a A-B person and I do NOT call him normal by any standards.

Let's talk about my boyfriend <grin>.  Terry is a warm, compassionate guy,
but do people see him as "normal?"  No, as he's 48 and has his hair slicked
back into a ponytail.  He's a former electronic musician who now does
printing tech stuff on a computer.  He's in great physical shape, but to
look at him now, you'd never believe he's fought Hepatitis C and won!  This
in spite of his being sick for almost 20 years.

I am tired of people judging by what society sees as "normal."

        Kathy S.