C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 18 Apr 2001 12:35:02 EDT
In a message dated 04/18/2001 10:44:59 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> I read  the book  back in the '60's. Ken Kesey's writing was awesome. The
> story
>  was told by Chief and it started out jumbled and very psychotic. As the
book
>  progressed, Chief became more lucid. Great book, I can't believe Kesey was
>  doing heavy drugs at the time.
>
>  Bobby

It seemed to work for Timothy Leary, but I have my doubts about that.

In case some of our younger viewers don't know, Timothy Leary was a professor
at Harvard University during the 60s who left his position (ahem...by
Harvard's invitation) to continue research with LSD, which he claimed
expanded the mind.

LSD, in case anyone asks, is a hallucinogenic substance.  Using LSD is
casually referred to as "dropping acid."  Don't ask me how I know stuff like
this, okay?

Hallucinogenic substance -- something that causes hallucinations.  When you
see cows in the road that are not there, you are having a hallucination.  If
you see one when you look in the mirror, that's a whole other thing.

Bo Bo