C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Magenta Raine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Jun 2001 22:36:47 EDT
Normal is relative. It means that the way one person thinks about being
"normal" may not be anybody else's idea of what normal is. It's like me
thinking it is normal to think of chocolate as my favorite flavor, and I like
to think chocolate is everybody's favorite flavor, but to another person,
strawberry may be his favorite flavor.  In another way, if a person is
right-handed they think they are normal, but to a left-handed person, being
left-handed is normal. So when we hold our spoons in a certain way, we are
doing what is normal for us, though it may look entirely wrong to somebody
else.

Mag