C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Betty Alfred <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 May 2000 16:55:06 EDT
You are so cool to tell your story Beth.  Hey, my search for the guilty ended
as soon as you said the firewatch wasn't paying attention.  I know about the
bangs and all, but the firewatch is called that for a reason.  "HelLO!  Mr.
Potatohead!!!"

Easy mishap report.  We'll let the hair thing go this time because I'm
retired from the safety and fire businesses, and I feel that it is perfectly
acceptable now to start pencil whipping those blasted reports.  In the "who
caused the mishap" part, write "Firewatch."  Under "causal factors," check
the box "asleep at the switch."

That's what I invented a whole new word for:  "Yidiot."  As in "You idiot!"
I mean the firewatch, not you -- I used to have bangs too, and we must stick
together.  I'm not kidding though, I used to be on top of the firewatch and
the top watch (confined space entry) like white on rice.  They can't be doing
other things or get distracted when their mission is to notice the very
second something goes wrong.

In a message dated 05/02/2000 7:50:38 AM Eastern Daylight Time,