C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 22 Apr 2003 13:09:11 -0400
The machine has only been there for three years, but it does look like an older model,and it's essentially a dumb terminal.

We must have had a blind employee here at one time (before I came to work here, obviously, or I would have known him), because one machine IT gave away back in 1995 to a local disability advocacy group was a braille fax machine.  I know because I got the person from IT and the spokesman for the advocacy group together to get free pc's for the group.  Unfortunately for the group, the company is selling its old pc's back to the manufacturers rather than declaring them salvage value losses on the books and giving them away for free.

Kat