C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mike Collis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Apr 2006 11:42:08 -0500
No, basically it's because one size can't fit all needs.   I wish Medicare
and Medical Assistance did not have the stupid proviso in their regulations
which states that they will only pay for the powerchair for home use only,
not to have a life outside of home.  They are, in effect, holding people
prisoner by not allowing them to get the type of chair suitable for outdoor
as well as indoor use.   ----Rant mode off now...

Mike