C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Magenta Raine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 May 2001 03:43:02 EDT
Jenifer,
try getting some of those jogger's bottles. I now have 9 of them, and at
least 5 are always in the fridge with various drinks in them. (milk, water,
juice, soda, wine on occasion).

Here in Calif. you would always be able to have somebody check in with you. I
have at least two emergency numbers of my supported living staff and the
agency has just hired a back-up person who can be here in a matter of
minutes.

Maybe you should check into getting an emergency bracelet or necklace where,
when you pull, it will ring the service and they can send 911 or whomever
out. Your local hospital can tell you more.

Maybe you might consider installing grab bars in the hallway, or using a
walker when Chris isn't there to pick you up. (that was one nice thing about
being married, Tim would hear my plop, even in his sleep, and come and pick
me up).

mag