C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 1 Mar 2000 20:27:42 -0800
Amber and Alex have traumtic brain injuries - are you saying they
> should not be allowed the chance to be president - if they where inclined
> and could get that far?
>
>                                             Trisha - who is really
confused?
TBI injuries can take many definations. Obviously it can be mild to severe
 just like CP) what bothers me is that certain areas of the brain control
emotion/right and wrong.  They blow up with little provection ans with
little thought to the consquences.  If this may be the case with McCain he
may not be making rational decisions. That the injury is making them for
him.  Do you want a person in the white house whose finger mans the button
who acts than thinks later?  I am not saying this is the case with McCain
but what if that temper gets the best of him?
Should Brain injury disqualify Alex and Amber?  Maybe.  That is again just
because they want to do something doesn't mean they are qualified to do it
 a very broad statement that actually covers the human race).  Because Alex
wants to become a tightrope walker in  the circus doesn't mean he can.
Joanne