C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Loveland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 29 Mar 1999 19:55:15 -0600
I guess it's time for me to put in my two cents worth, I hope it's worth
that much. In order for me to be certified to pass meds I had to take a
two hour course and pass a fairly simple test. This is not rocket
science and anyone that can be trusted with your personal care should be
able to be trusted with you meds. If I remember right, this is in a
situation that has 24/7 care. Most that are in need of that level of
assistance are going to need help with many things including help with
meds and to expect otherwise is totally unreasonable. Is this a private
organization or is it state run? It sounds like they are more worried
about liability than providing for the needs of the people served.

Jim Loveland