C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Matt Conaway <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jul 2001 15:27:40 -0400
I just had a computer and a workstation at Tech. Georgia rehab actually
paid for that. Miracles never cease, I guess. Michigan rehab grudged
partial payment on a Pentium.  I type with a mouthstick. I won't use a
power chair.  And yes, it really is totally inconvenient to not have one.
Such is life, I guess.

I try not to rely on technology so much so I don't lose my edge.  Ironic,
isn't it, for an engineer?

There is all kinds of research going on at the Iowa Spine Research Center.
Cervical biomechanics, lumbar biomechanics, etc. As long as I get a
computational modeling research program, I'll be fine.  I'm hoping the
profs at UI BME know this.  I think they do.

Hiding in plain sight,

Matt