C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bobby Greer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 May 2001 13:38:44 EDT
The Mechanic & The Surgeon

A mechanic was removing a cylinder head from
the motor of a Harley, when he spotted a world-famous
heart surgeon in his shop.

The heart surgeon was waiting for the service  manager
to come take a look at his bike.

The mechanic  shouted across the garage, "Hey Doc can I
ask you a question?"

The famous surgeon, a bit surprised, walked over to the
mechanic working on  the motorcycle.

The mechanic straightened up, wiped his hands on a rag
and asked, "So Doc, look at this  engine. I also can open
hearts, take valves out, fix'em, put in new parts and
when I finish this will work just like a new one. So how come I get a
pittance and you get the really big money, when  you and I are doing
basically the same work?"

The  surgeon paused, smiled and leaned over,  and
whispered to the mechanic..... "Try doing it with the engine running!