C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Linda Wagner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 21:23:00 -0400
Jan,

I would agree with everyone that has posted so far about taking the COBRA
option.  It is expensive because you aren't used to having to pay it, but in
comparison to what you could get on your own it will most definitely be
better coverage for the money.  Then, if and when you get the SSI
straightened out, you can just stop the benefits under COBRA.  Don't leave
yourself without insurance because you know that will be the time you take a
fall or something and need care!

In between teaching jobs, before I got a contract with the district I work
for now, I always had to use the COBRA option to continue my benefits
through the summer.  I was always glad I did because of the three times I
used COBRA, two times I needed PT throughout the summer!  I definitely got
my couple hundred dollars a month worth!

Linda