C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Anee Stanford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 May 2000 14:03:48 EDT
Hi-

Welcome to the list.  My name is Anee.  It is always nice to see a new face.
I am 21 and have moderate CP, as well as degenrative joint disease, and
hypertension, not to mention a few other things as well--seems like I add a
new one every week.

As far as shaveing goes I just don't worry about that often.  Usualy I were
tops with sleves and pants.  If I am gooing swiming I just say  "oh well who
cares if men don't have to shave there legs then why should I".  That's my
thinking--equality for the sexes!  I know socitey thinks that woman should
shave there legs and axilla but it's just too hard to do.  I have tried those
hair removel creams and such and they don't really work.  I am just not going
to worry about shaving and I know plenty of others like myself.  It's up to
you and your daugters I guess to figure out how much you want to stress over
it.  Maby those creams will work better for you all.  If you find a magic
bullet for this let me know.

Anee Stanford
Webmaster of CPIC
http://www.geocities.com/aneecp/CPIC.html

In a message dated 5/29/00 4:34:32 PM Mountain Daylight Time,