C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Magenta Raine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 May 2001 12:23:19 EDT
DD is developmental disabilities. You and I are DD In the broad sense of the
word. In that we developed slowly as children, and did not walk or talk and
other things at the normal ages. Assertiveness is speaking up for what you
want in your life. Say you wanted to buy a red dress, but everybody else
thought you should buy a green dress instead. You would learn to say, "Thanks
for the suggestion, but it's my money and I'm buying the red dress."