C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Trisha Cummings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 May 2000 07:30:03 -0400
 Nancy,

       You will find the kids will let you know what they want. I have a 13
year daughter - CP  - Right Hemiplegia, seizure disorder. She decided to
take up shaving this year - I think at this point it is more a rite of
passge with the others kids than a hair problem. A lot is going to depend on
the friends issue. Amber's best friemd looks like Snow White, has an fully
developed body and acts like she is 21 and already has a steady boyfriend.
Amber is much a little girl, which Mommy encourages heavily. But she does
try to do a few Danica induced ideas. Altho I got a huge chuckle out of the
three of them last weekend - they where teaching Stephen to be a girl - and
he polished Amber's nails!!  I guess he drew the line at polishing his
own!!!  I am with Mag on letting her make up her mind, in fact both should
do that. Its really not necessary to shave. It an induced socital norm here
- I have to admit at my age  I now spastically shave and just were long
skirts the rest of the time - and if they wear pants - its kinda negates the
need also. So you may be able to make it a summer thing only.

                                                 Brightest Blessings
                                                     Trisha