C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Linda Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Jul 2008 08:25:14 -1000
Kat,
No. It won't stop anything. We have finally gotten all the way and
the Senate Judiciary Hearings held this week called the FLDS an
organized criminal enterprise which is exactly what we have been
saying. You can read what 3 AG's and others said here and it was
good. Very gratifying after years of turning in evidence, educating
the media so the public is educated, and battling to get people to
take us seriously. I finally feel like we got all the way although it
will still be difficult to get people to testify because they are so
brainwashed and fearful. Part of Reid's legislation will protect them
when they come forward.
This is part of the issue with Rozita who knew a woman from inside
who was not protected and that is how she had so much information on
them that the police carried out boxes of information when they
searched her house.
There is still a lot of behind the scenes info on Rozita that people
do not know that connects her to others who were hurt by the FLDS.
You can read what was said at the Polygamy Crimes Hearings here:

http://judiciary.senate.gov/schedule.cfm?changedate=07/21/08.

I love Texas for accomplishing so much and Harry Reid for pushing this.
If McCain chooses Romney it will hurt him but it will help us to have
more dialogue out there. Some of Romney's family like many LDS
continued to practice polygamy after it was outlawed.

It just shows what 20 years of pushing on an unknown civil and human
rights abuse can do. We are all the way there I hope. They even
mentioned the baby deaths.