C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rayna Lamb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Apr 2001 00:21:39 +0800
Mike,

You read my mind, I was just thinking that today.  I know that in my
family the men were the centre of the universe, and everything
revolved around them.  But even though my family had me convinced from
an early age that I was inferior and worthless because of the CP and
because I was - sorry am -  intelligent (I know, it's bizzare, but
they seriously thought having a good mind was a character flaw - I got
told I was a `know it all", and they used to walk out of the room
whenever I started talking about things I was interested in, by the
time I got up and followed them I would forget what I was saying),
they never managed to convince me that I am inferior because I'm
female.  The idea of it just gives me the giggles!  BTW I no longer
think I'm inferior because of the disability.

Rayna