C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Trisha Cummings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jan 2004 10:26:11 -0500
Hi Mike, Rayna, and All,

   I am going to be truly single this fall ( kids off to college) altho, I have been "single" now for 10 years. I have seen it from both sides. I quit dating several years ago becasue I noticed folks have a laundry list of items that people are suppose to be or have in order to be considered worthy. Most of the nits - weren't worth a second look in the first place. I think we watch too many movies and sicky sweet TV and expect reality to look like it. I would be more interested in hearing what the happily married folks have to say about their marriages and what its taken to keep them. I think it takes less time thinking about ourselves and less time worrying about being happy 24/7 - which is unrealistic. I think everyones knows I love Amber, but there are times I really don't like her actions but I don't divorce her - I recognize she not here to be what I think she is suppose to be - but who she is suppose be - and what I people doing is trying to make people be, who they think they should be so they will be happy and not allowing them to be themselves. Plus we are all responsible for our own happiness, not someone else. So in about a year ask me how I like living with just the cats and the dog. Having good friends helps. Being realistic helps too - there has never been a time when there haven't been single people, the getting married and living happily ever after with your 2.5 kids is a myth. It has all the reality of life really being like the Brady Bunch. Life is what you make out of it every day. It doesn't come with promises, guarantees, pink ribbons and sunshine. I am out to lunch on getting married again, heck I am not even sure I ever want to date again.

                                      Trisha