C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jennifer Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Oct 1999 22:53:52 EDT
Hi Tom,

I'm Jennifer, I am 20 and I am involed with a man (hes 25) with CP also. I am
really glad you brought this topic up. I was involed with non disable men
before and we had no problem with intimacy. Now I am in the relationship with
Ryan. We do have trouble with intimacy but we are willing to try different
things to be with each other.

My advice is to try to be as open as you can be with her and tell her how you
feel. This is how I feel, no matter how disable you are, you owe it to
yourself to be in a mutaul relationship.  Rather you are both disable or one
is disable.

I hope to talk more on this. How do the rest of you feel about this.

Jennifer