C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"I. S. Margolis" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
I. S. Margolis
Date:
Wed, 27 Sep 2000 12:22:54 -0400
As with worry and toxic shame/guilt being removed from controlling my life,
I've stopped being run by other people's opinions and attitudes.  That
leaves me freer to maneuver and get on with getting what's important for me.

Yes, I practice the finger up yours rule; sometimes with lubricant,
sometimes without.

See a disabled child: show pity and offer a cure.  Benign discrimination.

People mistake their attitudes for reality.  Don't realize they knee-jerk.
Comes with the wiring.

Your kids have moms and dads who "get it."  That's all the love and
validation necessary.

S.