C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kendall David Corbett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Dec 2005 11:57:41 -0700
Carhartt is the gentlest dog I've ever seen. When we first got him, I
wasn't sure how he'd do around little kids, but one day we were out in
the front yard, and he was off his leash when our neighbor's daughter
pulled up, and she and her kids (about 3 and 5) got out of the car.
Carhartt started to bound over to were the kids were, and the littler
kid started to cry.  Carhartt stopped immediately, laid down on the
ground about five feet from the kid, and rolled over on his back.  Our
neighbor's daughter said "See, he won't hurt you, and came up and gave
Carhartt a belly rub, and they've been friends ever since.  The little
girl is now about ten, and the last time they were here for a visit that
I saw them, I was out walking Carhartt, and she came up and asked if she
could pet him.

Once when we were visiting Janet's parents, and I was walking him, there
was this HUGE dog behind a four foot chain-link fence that started
barking and snarling, and Carhartt got between me and the other dog, and
barked, which he rarely does.  The other dog's "bark must have been
worse than his bite," because he stopped barking, and went back by the
house.

Kendall

-George Bernard Shaw 1856-1950