C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ken barber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Nov 2003 16:56:35 -0800
anybody that molest kids should be dealt with. i was
only refering to this case with eariler remarks. i
will say that jacksom may be being extorred. being
blak is not what made him such a target, his past
actions and statements would mean he had to take extra
care not to be in a no win situations.
now. as to kobe, he may be in a setup. that will be
determined by a jury. as to oj, i'll defer to the
jury. some anger was set up by a trial by new media.
as to rodney king and the 4 cops, the jury said there
was lots of other evidence than the 2-3 minute vidio
clip, so again i defer to the jury. as to senteces in
drug cases, any sentences white or black is terrible.
i think drugs should be legalized.

as to a remark that a black person can't make it in
this country, i have too manmy black friends that are
better off than i am. i know them personally and i
know where they came from. they maybe are not
millionaires or fameous, but, they have made it. i
dismiss out of hand that it cannot be done, while i'll
give it this, it was not easy.

as to a remark that bush admin was anti black, i think
a history lesson is in order. ike ordered troops into
arkansas to enforce the desegregation while democratic
governors were "standing in the school house door."

in the early 60's it took republican votes in the
house and especially the senate to pass the civil
rights act becouse southern democratic senators like
fulbrite in arkansas and gore in tenn. were voteing
against it. yes, that is al gores father and bill
clintons mentor and hero. again with the voting rights
act. same senario.
  if women mean anything reagan nominated the first
woman to the supream court.
  bush 41 nominated the first black man for the
supream court. the democrats "borked" him. he did hang
in there and got confirmed. also bush 41 signed into
law the ADA.
  clinton did put ron brouwn into the commerce dept
head in the cabinate, a 2nd tear seat at the table.
  bush 43 has black in two of the most powerful seats
at the table, sec of state and national security
advisor (a black woman origionally from birmingham
ala.) and has a latino in the cabinate too i think. he
has now nominated a black woman to the second most
powerful court in the country. the DC circuit is well
known as a springboard to the supream court. she is
being block by a unprecidented fillibuster, using a
senate procedure rule to in effect change the
constitutional requirements for concent by the senate.
this is being organised by ted kennedy and robert kkk
byrd. hey guys i thought the democrats cared for you
guys. you consistantly give them 95 % of your vote,
looks like you are being stabbed in the back. most
certainly being short changed.
  we want poor black children to do well in school
but, the education scores have dropped every year
since the federal dept of education was formed even
though spending has increased every year. need i say
more here.
   also when the number 1 money spending school system
in the u.s.(DC spending 13,000 per student a year) is
finishing dead last in the rankings and the parents
asking for vouchers so they can send their kids to the
same schools that the DC teachers sends their kids to,
the compasionate democrats blocks that becouse the
national teachers union is more important than these
black kids.
   i will also bring up a non issue issue of the state
of south carolina's flying the confederate flag. a
south carolina senator put it there when he was
govenor. i say this just to show the hypocracy.

  i could say more, but, you decide which party is
really anti black.

   as to a coming battle in this country, i have been
predicting a battle in this country since i was in my
20's. not between the blacks and the whites, but,
rather the population against an oppressive
government. i have changed that now, becouse we have
too many sheep in our population.
   now, i probably have missed a few comments, but,
the one that says we don't get it. i think i get it
pretty well. there have been injustices, but, it is
not as bad as it was in the past. let's not dwell on
the past to the point that we are blind to the present
and the future. lets learn from it and move forward.
lets give credit where it is due, and demand justice
from those whom are withholding it still.