C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Fri, 27 Oct 2006 10:36:23 -0600
If the prisoners at Guantanamo and elsewhere are prisoners of war,
then the Geneva convention should apply.  To me "waterboarding" sounds
like a violation of Geneva. Wasn't it (or something very similar)
done by the VietCong in the 60's and early 70's, with a loud outcry
from the military and public at that time?

If the captives are not prisoners of war, shouln't US lawe apply,
since they are being held on American soil?  (US bases are, in effect,
US Territory)

Finally, what happened to the Judeo-Christian precept of two wrongs
not making something right, or the truism that "An eye for an eye
makes both blind"?

Kendall

Who doesn't think _anyone_ can have it both ways,