C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 16 Jul 2004 17:37:05 EDT
In a message dated 7/16/2004 10:21:29 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:
I still have to have a glove maybe one week per every two years.  The reason
why I don't have to put the glove on as much as when I was a kid/teenager is
because I had a cryothalimectomy (sp?) when I was 21 (which is an operation in
which Drs. kill a portion of your brain that is making the part of the body
spastic, it is done while you are awake). My right hand is calmer and my right
side is not as spastic.
Even though I go through so much pain there is so function my left arm can
do.  When Susan and Patty were a couple months old I could hold them while my
right arm was either pulling me up or I had something in my right arm.  Both
didn't feel scared about it.  I scared everyone else though.  LOL!  Michael, I
had one operation on my left ankle when I was little and to this day it still
hasn't done a bit of good.  Thanks for that bit of info.

Michael Jeffries
ICQ# 53522767 AIM, MSN, and Yahoo! ID MJeff25916