C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Linda Macaulay <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Linda Macaulay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Aug 2005 21:12:15 -0400
Hi Gemma,

Have you ever tried yoga or pilates?  I have done yoga before and while I
can't get into the poses really deep and need to hang on to the wall or the
sofa or something to not fall over I found it to be very helpful for
balance, strength and flexibility as well as a wonderful stress reliever.
If you try it, take it VERY slow and only do a few poses because you will
use muscles you didn't know you had and be VERY sore the next day if you
over do. Yoga and expecially pilates focus on core strength (abs, back,
trunk) so if you can do some of the poses you may find it works for you.

Linda

(age 32, mild-moderate spastic CP)