C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 01:34:07 EST
Oh Paige, that is just too cool!  Aren't African Grays just fantastic?

I have also had the pleasure of handling several kinds of macaws up to a
hyacinth macaw, the largest parrot in the world.  He felt incredibly heavy on
my arm, especially since I was used to little Astro sitting on my finger (Oh
my...heart string tug).

One thing I don't understand is that the number of hyacinth macaws in the
wild is very low.  I don't see why there can't be a captive breeding program
like there is for California Condors.  Maybe there is though, and I just
haven't heard about it.

Betty

In a message dated 11/01/2000 6:48:14 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Betty, I babysit my brother's fiance's african grey.  I cannot wait for
> Gopher to get here so he can expeience this bird's vocabulary!  It is just
> incredible!  He meows like cat, growls like a dog, runs the water (faucet),
> says peek a boo, I love you, ....... the list goes on and on. He teases my
> cats!!!  C'mere , C'mere  he says!  I yell at him to "Quit picking on my
cats!
> !" LOL
>
>  Paige

Betty