C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gordon Stewart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Sep 2000 16:12:06 +1200
>>> [log in to unmask] 09/08/00 03:39 >>>
Hi,
I haven't heard much from the list lately..I thought I'd see if everyone's
still alive by throwing this story out there for discussion...My CP affected
my left side.I got glasses at the age of 10 & my left eye has always been
much worse than my right. Bad eyesight runs in my family, but I theorized
that CP compounded the problem. I expressed this idea to the doctor during an
eye exam...He said that CP has nothing to do with my left eye being so much
worse than my right. I think that's baloney!! Has anyone ever had a similar
thought or experience ?

Karen
<<

Hi Karen - like you - my left side is affected - not much though - but it was "paralysed" at birth - but with excercise (LOTS of it) when i was a baby / child - my left leg / arm are usable - however not as strong as my right. (slightly shorter leg)..

About my left eye - my right eye is a lot stronger than my left - when i was young - around 6-8 yrs old - i wore glasses - but not now - I know its a bit weaker than my right - but not too much to be noticed...

(I only notice if i shut one eye - then the other - to check - other than that - not much..

PS - my vision - to be married & 2 kids (at least).  :-)

Gordon.