C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Linda Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Sep 2006 11:42:39 -1000
Completely agreed. That is why I don't want anyone making the
decision for anyone else, especially not doctors.  I just want the
right to make it for myself. I think everyone has the right to make
that decision according to their own conscience.
I agree it's a slippery slope. Doctors also sterilized people when
they should not have done so.
On the other hand if I am vegetative I do not want to take resources
from others like Case. Medical care is finite and although I am not
ready to die, I do feel I've lived a full life and if completely
paralyzed so I could not even communicate, I would be ok with dying.
That's just me and I would NEVER want to impose that on anyone else
because everyone has their own belief about death which needs to be
respected. I also don't want religious people mandating I be kept
alive in that state though.