C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gary Peterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Jul 2002 18:05:11 -0700
Hi all!!

So while I'm waiting for my eletric chair to get fixed on Monday, my
staff found me a manual chair that I could sit up fairley comfortibly
in.

For those of you might not know, I suddenly got really sick after
comming home from work on Monday.  As my luck would have it, I got
sick at a time when I didn't have staff here.

So I called for help, and someone got to me in about 10 minutes or so.
But they were just a minute or 2 to late.  By the time they got here I
had already gotton sick in my chair.

For many reasons I won't go into, as a result of all this, my
spicalized seeting system in my chair has to be replaced.

So bottom line here is, I thought I was going to be stuck in my bed
alll weekend.  But staff came to my resku!!  Only draw back is,
becausee it's a menual chair, I'm not able to push myself.  Not eveen
from rom to room.

So I'm stuck here with staff 24-7 this weekend.  I may end up going
totaly crazy because of it, but it's a hell of a lot better then being
stuck in bed till early Monday afternoon when I should have the
seeting in my E-chair fully restored.

For those of you who I made plans with this weekend, sorry, but I
godda cancil for now.  This chair I'm in is OK for here in the house,
but as far as getting in my van &going somewhere, it's just waaay to
flimsy.

I'm sort of limited as far as how long I can stay up in this thing
too.  So if ya don't much Email from me the next few days  that's why.
So I'll keep yawal updated.

See ya kids!!-Gary