C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Renee Rorie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Aug 2011 04:42:45 -0400
Please help me stop abuse of disabled students by passing this along to everyone you can. I
am a speech therapist for Los Angeles School district. In this district,  many students with cerebral
palsy and other disabilities are segregated into seperate "special eduction centers"
where they endure all kinds of subtle and overt abuses. I worked at one of the centers and
tried to stop the abuse. I got moved to another school, but the retaliation against me did
not stop there. For the 3rd time this year I have not been paid because my supervisors
found something "wrong" with my timesheet. I have been threatened, stalked and slandered.
However, my supervisors picked the WRONG person to mess with. I have not stopped calling,
writing and emailing whoever I can. I have also created 2 online petitions: One is to have
me reassigned back to the school and the other is to mandate that teachers get training in
recognizing and responding to abuse of disabled students. More information is on the sites
with the petitions. Please sign the petitions and get everyone you know to sign them.
Thanks for caring
http://www.change.org/petitions/teachers-punished-for-taking-stand-against-abuse

http://www.change.org/petitions/train-educators-to-recognizeprevent-abuse-of-disabled-
students