C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 25 May 2006 09:45:51 -0400
Well, for years I worked on the 3rd floor of an office building and every
time they had a fire drill, I was carried down in an evacuation chair.
They never brought down my wheelchair, and while I did get a bit annoyed at
that, I can see that it's more important to get everyone out of the
building safely then to worry about wheelchairs, etc.  I have always been
assured that they would help me get a replacement but that's because I'm an
employee - I'm not sure what the replacement protocol would be if you were
a visitor to a building in which there was a fire.

Kat