C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bill Hyatt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Nov 1999 10:52:43 -0800
I've been reading all the posts on this topic and have
been thinking.  (slight pain :-))
I don't think I've ever been clinicaly depressed
although I've gone through some sad times.  I once
went to a professional and poured my heart out for an
hour and her only response was "you sound sad". I
didn't bother to go back.

My girlfriend also has CP and takes meds for
depression.  Her doctor said that it is unusual for
someone with CP not to have depression.  This
statement bothers me a little in that it's almost as
if you are "required" to be depressed when you have
CP.

=====
Bill Hyatt
"The shortest distance between two points is.....
 usually not accessible"