C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Anee Stanford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Nov 1999 14:28:15 EST
Hi everyone-

As some of you know I use an electric scooter and manule wheelchair.  My new
appartment is carpeted except in the kitchen and bathroom.  You enter into
the living area.  I plan on driving the scoooter into the apartment and
parking it then walking within the appartment.  My question--or reather my
dad's concern is--all the driving in and out and such will ruin the carpet.
Since I am going to park along the walll dad is thinking of putting plastic
chair matts or carpet down and then having me drive and park on that.

My question is for all of you who use your electric wheelchairs in an
appartment do you go to the lengths of having your whole florr covered with
plastic or plywood, or do yuo just not worry about this.  I would be of the
mind just to live and not worry about this but my dad is worried that the
scooter will ruin the carpet and we would end up paying for it.

Yours,

Anee Stanford
Webmaster of CPIC
http://www.geocities.com/aneecp/CPIC.html