C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Betty Alfred <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Feb 2000 18:05:40 EST
In a message dated 02/15/2000 12:40:22 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<<
     I posted a similar message to this list about 2 weeks ago(on  a lighter
 side), where the guy went into a place of business and held it up from a
 wheelchair. He
 was "cured" obce the police came after him and he left the wheelchair and
 ran!

This reminds me of the beginning of the movie "Trading Places" when Eddie
Murphy pretended to be a blind, double-amputee begging on the street.  When
the cops picked him up by the arms from the dolly thing he was riding around
on, his legs magically appeared from underneath his coat. "I'm healed --
thank you Jesus."  I thought I would split a gut.  But what really made me
laugh was before that happened when he was coming on to a woman walking past
him on the street. "Come on baby!  Once you have a man with no legs you'll
never go back."