C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 1 Apr 2001 23:53:40 EDT
I would be honored to see you safely to and from the Capital of the
Commonwealth of Virginia.

"Carry me back to old Virginny.
That's where the cotton and the corn and 'taters grow.
That's where the birds warble sweet in the spring time.
That's where this old darky's heart am long to go."

That's the state song, and those are the lyrics.  In my head, I substituted
the word "cripple's" for "darky's" just to see how it would feel.  It made me
feel...um...oogy.  Yeah, like my clothes are way to big because they are hand
me downs from some older, nondisabled sister or something, and like I eat
gruel for lunch because that's the only thing the food givers have left by
the time they get to the corner where I sit and beg for money all day.

Yeah, oogy.

Of course, all this is incidental to the true reason you wish to travel to
the governmental hub of our fair state, which, as I recall, was due to our
very own Mike's report of that being the whereabouts of a certain damsel
look-a-like, no?

What did I just say?

If you know what I just said, push "1."
If you don't know what I just said, push "2."
If you are undecided, push "3," "4," and "5."

"Your call is very important to us.  Please wait for the next available
operator, who will be with you in approximately one hundred gazillion
minutes."

At any rate Deri, your wish is my command.

Your faithful servant,
Concorde

The person responsible for this post has been sacked.

In a message dated 04/01/2001 9:46:21 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Hey Betty,
>
>  Can I fit Richmond on the itinerary?
>
>  Cheers
>
>  Deri
>
>  On Saturday 31 March 2001  2:42 am, Michael H. Collis wrote:
>  > I have a friend here in Richmond who looks a bit like her!!!  :-)
>  >
>  > Deri James wrote:
>  > > I believe you would discover that an anatomical possibility (the
>  > > airfare required for an empirical investigation probably means
>  > > I'm safe), . I know I have a pretty amorphous first name, perhaps
>  > > its time for a little gender reinforcement.
>  > >
>  > > Hey lads, what do we think of Catherine Zeta Jones, phwoagh (and
>  > > she's  Welsh).
>  > >
>  > > Cheers
>  > >