C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Anee Stanford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Mar 2000 17:37:30 EST
Hi-

Well I have alwasy had the same problem but a few people did come along---one
in piticular -- in fact I met her when I was your daughters age.  We were in
the same Jr Girl Scout Troop---I would highly recomend some orginization like
this for kids this age.  They may not be able to participate in alll the
activities but you can figure out ways to do about 90-95% depending on your
level of disability. Anyway back to my story.  We go by the same name but are
spelled difrent--mine is Anee and her;s is Anne.  She is TAB (temporarily
able bodied) and I have moderate CP.  She is an only child and I have one
sibiling who is 9.5 years older than I.  Over the years we have come to be
sisters and are famillies are like blood.  I call her gandma, grandma and I
consider her her parents to be my parents as she dose mine.  In fact the
family continuly plays tricks on others by saying that we are sisters or such
as I and Anne's mom both have red hair and Anne is a blond.  However Anne is
1.5 feet taller than I am.  We are quite a pair.  We both can't find clothes
to fiit but for the oppsit reaons--I am short at 5'0 and she is tall at 6'4.

  I was very lucky to achive this friendship and I woulcd not be were I am
today--litteraly---with out it.  I was the bridsmaid at her wedding last
summer and that's how I found out abput the college I am attending.  Even
with all the medical problems I have been having lately I really could not be
in a better place and I owe it all to my sister Anne.  If not for her I would
be 21 and still sitting at home going to comunity college for the 3rd year in
a row no were near even making plans for presuing grad school.  I have been
very blessed by this friendship.  I know we all can't be this lucky and it is
not something that parents can acchive for there children.  It simply has to
happen.  You simply have to be in the right situation at the right time.  I
have many disabled fiends.  I have some TAB friends now in college but did
not have that many in middle and secondary school.  But I have found that one
good friend is what really counts.

I know this did not answer your question but I thought it would be a good
story to share with all of you.

Yours,
Anee
Webmaster of CPIC
http://www.geocities.com/aneecp/CPIC.html

In a message dated 3/1/00 6:00:41 PM Mountain Standard Time, [log in to unmask]