C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Betty Alfred <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 May 2000 14:04:38 EDT
In a message dated 04/28/2000 10:01:58 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<<  I think the biggest fire I put out in 5 years was the one I
 started on my hair.  (Don't ask <grin>).
 Firefighters can be great guys but, there definately is a lot of
 misogynistic(sp?) tendencies.  And don't get me started about quotas.

You sound like me Beth, and I don't know how to tell you this, but I am
definitely going to ask you about the hair incident.  Having served in the
Navy, surely you must know that you just gave me an automatic order.  I'll
ask off-list though.

The weekend has been total hell psychologically -- complete and total hell.
A few days ago I'm back in action on the list, and trying to find out how
people feel about specific CP stuff since I REALLY DO CARE about you guys and
that subject! Next thing you know, the loony bin relative contingent shows up
at our house to whine about their sprained toes while I am in major
neuropathy pain and root canal pain (first of three in a series of
fun-filled, action pack root canal adventures), and my Mom is in major cancer
pain, and nausea from chemotherapy.

Do they offer to help me or my Mom with anything - NO.  Do they take the only
chair I can sit in without having butt and back pain for the next week, even
after I tell them - YES. Do they care that my Mom and I are both so screwed
up physically at the moment that we almost can't even help each other - NO!
Do they bring food after I specifically tell them that my Mom gets sick right
now just smelling food and NOT to bring any - YES!  Do they stay until the
cows come home - YES!  Can I persuade said cows to run over top of ditzy said
relatives upon said return - NO!

Things are going to get worse, that's for sure.  I've got to have a master
plan, or my life is going to be overcome by domestic events and wacky
relations.  I'll be spacing in and out of the list for a while, so please
don't pay attention to me unless I accidentally say something intelligent.
At the moment it would be a fluke.

I can tell y'all one thing, I never encountered a hill that I didn't take
eventually, and this one isn't going to be any different.  I'm charging up
that baby and I'm planting my *%$#^% flag when I get to the top.

Trust me though, there is a mental health reason for the Bonzo Rocket Club.
I'll give you another chance to join:

 <A HREF="http://expage.com/page/bonzorocket">Bonzo Rocket's Homepage!</A>

To be honest, Bonzo Rocket is for my personal stress relief, but I'm giving
all of you a chance to get down on some of this silliness in case that's how
you deal with major stress too.  Membership cards are truly forthcoming; all
you have to do is ask for one.  There is no stress in doing something to show
my love for you (especially if it's a silly and fun thing).

Love to all,
Betty

This is the end of the emergency broadcast system test.  If this had been an
actual mental heath emergency, you would have been instructed on where to
send the straightjack "hope yur feelin' better" cards.

Back to your regularly scheduled CP program.

You know how I sometimes jokingly say "help me?"  It ain't no joke today
fellas.