C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Wed, 23 Jul 2003 14:13:32 -0400
Thanks, Beth.  Tomorrow afternoon can't come fast enough, as far as I'm
concerned. Yeah, I'm cringing over the thought of the "squeeze", but at
least I'll have a better picture of what I'm dealing with.  I used to joke
with my wife that being a mammograhpy tech would be one of the best jobs in
the world.  Suddenly, that joke doesn't seem funny anymore.

Who knows, maybe it'll be the mammogram, a quick cut-job and that'll be it.
That's what I'm hoping for.  After watching Laura go through chemo, I'd be
thrilled if surgery was the only treatment needed.

The first thing that came to my mind when I heard the DX yesterday was,
"Great!  Now both the kids' parents have cancer."  I haven't said anything
to Adrienne (19) or Anna (10).  No sense in getting them wigged out.

Thanks so much for the thoughts and prayers.  You guys don't know how much
your support and compassion means to me--always has.

Kyle