C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"I. S. Margolis" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 May 2000 22:02:38 -0400
Trisha,

I've grown up with and met a fairly large number of high intelligence one
percentiles, and if as you claim you are one, then from my point of view,
you occupy a niche of your own.  There are two things about your rant that
strike me as a step forward.: 1) You properly name your usual level of
contibution as the rant it is: one of the nearly acurrate assessments of
your writings I've seen from you.  Congratulations.  2) Other than your
usual confusion and torment with the world as it is, is that you've finally
revealed your contempt and dislike of many of us for not kowtowing to your
totalitarion notions of how "we" should think, feel and behave.

You have still to accept and offer recognition of us adults with Cerebral
Palsy for our lives and experiences historically and currently.  You seem to
assume that who we are and what we know and feel is a result of our
attitudes and outlooks, not our bodies, experiences, economic, social, and
political circumstances  You might not have noticed that you're dealing with
adults here.  I suspect from your attiudes and behavior that you still don't
know what being adult is about, certainly not what being an adult with CP is
about.  You came here to learn.  I doubt that you have.  Indeed, you've done
much to attempt to change and fight with anyone who doesn't agree with you
and much going on before you showed up.  This has not been for the better.

There are many good people here Trisha, that's why I stay.  I trust my
judgements about them and their ways far more than I do yours.  I care about
and respect them far more than I do you.  That's amazing because I'm
tolerant and egalitarian.  I'll keep a light on for you Trisha.  I'll even
say a prayer for you, to my Semitic God, of course.

And Trisha, last I looked ranting Angels wind up in Hell.  Calling yourself
angelic doesn't make you so.