C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Sat, 28 Dec 2002 00:08:16 -0500
thelady that handles my primary's referals called them and told them i
needed a chair to ge around the house and down my ramp to my car (for
doctors visit)) they were told that it needed to be for one arm use and the
arm i would be using would be my right. i never expected a electric. they
just showed up. since it is so big, i still had to call my aunt and ask her
to pull granny's chair out of storage for me. grandma has been dead for a
number of years. dusted it off and good as new. i took the big chair down my
ramp. after i was in the car judy parked the big chain right inside the
garage and we made my first docs visit. he cut the gast off and redid it
because it was rubbing a sore spot on my leg. the new one has more padding
to solve that problem. the foot is in great shape, there was not any
swelling as i could see. the doc was very satified too. actually the
problems in my hand is more painful thab the surgery. they said they cleaned
out little "marbles" pieces of bone that had ground off as the joint went
out and the bones were rubbing together. after this is iver that area will
be stiff because it will be one bone instead of two, but, will not rub and
hurt.
  so this is going very well if no infection or anything like that happens.
more than you wanted to know.